- 2 Eye of Round Steaks
- 1.5 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Sprigs Thyme
- 1/2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Red Wine (Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/2 Cup Blues Hog Beef Marinade
- 2 Cup Water
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Prior to cooking, allow your steaks to fully thaw and prepare the beef marinade. Whisk together the dry mix to water.
- Using a flavor injector, inject the steaks with 1/3 of the marinade mixture and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, if not overnight. Store the remaining marinade mixture.
- When you are ready to cook, heat a large skillet on the stove over medium-high heat, adding the olive oil .
- Season the steaks with thyme leaves, salt, and pepper, and then dust them lightly with flour.
- Transfer the steaks to the skillet and sear until brown, approximately 5 minutes on each side. Remove steaks after both sides are seared.
- Add the butter, red wine, and remaining beef marinade into the pan. Once the butter melts, return the steaks to the pan.
- Cook until the aroma of wine disappears. This should take over for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour. Occasionally, checking in and basting with the sauce to retain moisture and flavor.
- Serve steaks with wine sauce over them.