WAGYU COOKING TIPS
Allow your Wagyu to thaw fully in the refrigerator 24-48 hours before seasoning.
Once thawed, take your Wagyu out of the refrigerator 15-30 minutes before seasoning to allow it to come to room temperature.
Once your Wagyu is room temperature, season with an even coat of salt and pepper or your choice of seasonings, and let it rest overnight in the refrigerator.
Bring your Wagyu out of the refrigerator 30-60 min. before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
1. Preheat your oven to 375º- 400º.
2. While your oven is preheating, season and place your roast on a bed of vegetables of your choice (onions, carrots, potatoes, and herbs.)
3.Once your oven is preheated, place roast in oven and cook until desired internal temp. is reached. (130º- 135º is reached for medium rare.)
4. Once the desired internal temp. is reached, remove from the oven and allow your roast to rest with a loose cover for 30-40 minutes before serving.
1. Preheat a pan on high heat, use a cast iron if available, and add your choice of oil (olive oil, canola oil, butter, or beef tallow.)
2. Once your pan is hot, place your seasoned and thawed Wagyu in the pan while keeping your heat on high.
3. Give each side a quick, 30 second sear to brown all sides.
4. Deglaze your pan with 2-3 cups of broth or wine to release the brown bits at the bottom of the pan.
5. Layer ingredients into a clean pan in this order: herbs at the bottom, topped with a layer of chopped, raw vegetables, set your meat on top, and fill the pan 1/2 way with your deglazed liquid.
6. Cover and roast for 3-4 hours until tender and an internal temp. of 130º- 135º is reached.
1.Preheat a pan on high heat, use a cast iron if available, and add your choice of oil (olive oil, canola oil, butter, or beef tallow.)
2.Once your pan is hot, place your seasoned Wagyu in the pan while keeping your heat on high.
3. Give each side a quick sear, and finish in the oven at 400º until an internal temp. of 130º- 135º is reached for medium rare.
4. Remove from pan and let the meat rest on a cutting surface 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.