- 1 mangalitsa ham, whole or half
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup molasses (or pure maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup honey-dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp cloves, ground
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- While the oven is heating, combine all ingredients: bourbon, honey, brown sugar, molasses, mustard, juice cloves, and ginger in a bowl. Whisk together until the mixture is well-combined.
- Score the top of the ham, cutting diagonal lines 1 inch apart and 1/4 inch deep in a crosshatch manner to create diamond shapes.
- Place ham in an oven-safe baking dish and coat with your glaze mixture, leaving a bit of glaze in the bowl for later use.
- Cover the ham with aluminum foil to prevent the glaze from burning. Bake for one hour, basting the ham as needed.
- After about an hour, remove the foil and add more glaze. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until internal temp of 145 degrees is reached.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for up to 30 minutes. Slice and serve warm.